Saturday, June 30, 2012

Facing The Scale

It's a harsh reality, but a necessary one.   Stepping on the scale...most of us dread it because we know the news will probably not be encouraging....especially that first time when we do it because we've decided it's time to lose weight.  How bad is it? Well...I look at it this way....it is what it is...but I can change that, and I'm going to change that.  Really, that's probably the hardest part...from now on...the scale will be the true measure of your success.
It can be a long road, especially if you have quite a bit to lose...but remember, slow but steady wins the race! Take it off slowly....2 to 3 pounds a week.  You didn't put it on over night, so you're not going to take it off over night.  I believe being informed and educated on weight loss and food aids in the overall success.  I'm not fond of counting calories...measuring food...so I'm not going to ask you to, but I will say, do know how much a serving is...what 3 oz. looks like, what a half cup looks like, don't do seconds and eat a dark green leafy salad every day. 
I will be posting many blogs to assist your journey of weight loss.  I will give suggestions, advice and encouragement.  I know personally how hard it is, how frustrating it can be, but I also know personally how rewarding it is...I feel better at a lower weight, and I have more energy when I eat right.
Don't torture yourself by becoming obsessed with the scale.  Weigh once a week...preferbly the same day at the same time.  I usually wear as few clothes as possible to get a true measure.  Also, don't mentally beat yourself up if you went a little overboard...it happens...you're human.  Pick one day, and one meal to eat what you want.  That's not a license to binge and eat a whole cheese cake.  It's a treat you can look forward to that will help keep you on track.  Moderation is a necessity.
I know of all the temptations.  Be prepared, plan ahead.  This will take thinking in advance on your part.  I'll be here to help.  If you have questions, please ask.  My email address is: Angel4Indy@aol.com, put 'Blog Question' in the subject line.  I wish you every success in your life and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment